Elizabeth: 5 Reasons Not To “Hold Your Nose” On Election Day
Are you a PASSIONATE Mitt Romney fan? Didn’t think so – not many people are. Mitt Romney has failed to inspire the same amount of passion and energy from his followers and the Republican base as many of the other candidates were able to do during the Republican primary.
However, as we all know, after a heated primary and a long race, Mitt Romney was the last man standing and our only choice to defeat President Obama in November.
The going has not been easy for him though – with less than six weeks to go until the Presidential election he is locked in a neck-and-neck race with President Obama and falling behind in many of the key swing states. Many of us are wondering how this is possible with the state of the economy and all of the obvious mistakes and blunders that President Obama has made.
Just this past Sunday, faux conservative and New York Times columnist David Brooks put a spotlight on the issue when he said that Mitt Romney is “the least popular candidate in history!” This because he has an unfavorable rating of 50% – higher than that of President Obama and the highest of any candidate in recent history.
Still, you may be among those thinking this is a “hold-your-nose” election, in which neither candidate strongly represents you as a voter. Perhaps you’re planning to vote (or not) for the lesser of two evils.
My view on this race and our current Presidential candidates is a bit different and here are the top five reasons why I believe Mitt Romney is the right choice for our country and why you won’t have to hold your nose this November:
- He is a proven leader - Regardless of how the left left tries to paint Romney’s record at Bain & Company, there is no denying that he took a struggling company (almost bankrupt) and in one year turned it around into an EXTREMELY successful company. If he is able to apply those same principles to our struggling country, maybe we have a fighting chance of making America’s tomorrow better than America’s today.
- He has already shown us that he knows how to choose a great supporting team - Paul Ryan was an unexpected choice for running mate, yet when we heard it many of us smacked our heads and said “Of course!”
- It’s the economy stupid! - This phrase is not lost on Mitt Romney. He understands that our future and the strength of our country all hinge on the economy and if we don’t start creating jobs and focusing on the individual’s ability to create a better tomorrow, there will be no tomorrow for America as we know it.
- He values the family - No matter how you feel about Mitt Romney, one thing you cannot deny is that he is a very successful family man. He has been happily married to the same woman for 43 years and has raised 5 sons, all of whom are supporting him on the campaign trail. In my opinion, nothing says more about a man and his character than his marriage and his record as a father, and both of those are definitely strong showings for Mitt Romney.
- Mitt Romney is not Barack Hussein Obama…..enough said.
What do you think? Is this a hold-your-nose election or are you happy with our Presidential choices?